Thursday, January 13, 2011

On Family

We have an amazing family. We have families that we were born into and we have a church and community family who have expressed amazing support for us as we start this journey of caring for a baby that is a mystery to us in many ways. We don't know how our journey will unfold, but we do know that we--all five of us--are so very loved. I'm going to try to say it now and then resist the temptation to reiterate it on every post I write: Thank you all for loving us and for taking care of us as we do our best to take care of Baby. It brings tears to my eyes to think of the far-away family members that I talked to on the phone yesterday who told me, "Just say the word and we be there or do what you need us to do." We have closer family (most of whom are not related by blood) who have offered to do whatever needs to be done whenever it needs to be done. We are so so so blessed by you all. Thank your for coming along side us on this journey to help and to pray. I'm a little scared, but also excited to see how God uses it. I know we will be forever changed by this little life in so many ways. I hope this build my faith. I hope it strengthens my prayer life. I hope it refines me. And I hope it does the same for you, too. 

2 comments:

  1. We are praying over here. Thank you for letting us in on your family's walk through life. You guys are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Heidi! I hope that your little guy and all his issues will do all the things that you hope for in your relationship with God! We're all here for you and love you just as much!

    ReplyDelete