Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ultrasound #4

Things are still looking good. Today's report was about what we expected. We're up to 1.4 CVR, so the mass is still growing, but it is still not at the point where they are too worried about heart failure (1.6 CVR). The heart is continuing to function well. We are past 25 weeks, and starting around 26 weeks, we hope to see the mass start to shrink on its own. Baby is growing well and is up to 1 lb. 14 oz.

We now have a tour of the NICU and a consult with a pediatric surgeon scheduled at Riverside Hospital. We still don't know whether or not we'll have to deliver there, but I guess we are preparing for it just in case.

While we were waiting for the doctor to come in and tell us the results, we started counting the number of ultrasounds I've had in my lifetime. I'm up to 14 right now. It's a good thing they're painless! Scheduling so many appointments is a challenge, but it's really fun that we get to see Baby every week. Today, we brought home several pictures of Baby and even a short video. I'll have to see if I can upload it.

No comments:

Post a Comment