Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Answered Prayer

I didn't realize it until I was talking with my small group at ladies' Bible study the other night, but God is already answering one of my prayers for this process. I was telling everyone that the boys are doing great and everything at home is very normal. It almost feels too normal, in fact. Shouldn't we be doing something more than running to the grocery store, cleaning up after lunch, and deciding who has first dibs on the one toy they both want to play with?

But that normalcy is what we need right now. I am very concerned that Carter and Logan don't bear the brunt of the stress we feel over Baby's condition. And so far we haven't been stressed too much. We've been able to be very much at peace with what we're dealing with and what's in store. And that's a blessing.

There will come times when we are stressed. We'll be dealing with insurance questions. Baby will come home and need all the attention that babies need--and possibly more. When these times come, I'll renew my request that you pray for our other boys and that we manage to stay patient and give them the attention that they need.

But for now, God has given us a calm before the storm. A storm which could be very mild or severe. Sometimes it's hard to wait for the storm (that's another post for another time), but I will do my best to recognize this calm as the blessing that it is and to focus on the two boys that are clamoring for my attention as I blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see Carter yesterday while Jeff was playing broomball. I asked if he was excited about having a new brother and he said "Yeah, it MIGHT be a boy, a lot of the ultrasound people say it is, so it probably is. I kind of wanted it to be a girl, but a boy will be fun" :)

    ReplyDelete