Friday, May 20, 2011

Two Weeks

Gavin is two weeks old today! So far, he's been as busy with appointments as he was in utero, but we expect that to slow down dramatically now. At his two-week appointment today, he weighed in at 7 lb 6 oz, so he is growing well. His echocardiogram on Tuesday reviled nothing to worry about as far as we know. We're pretty sure that they would have called us by now if they had seen something concerning.

We've had family come and go over the last two weeks, which is one of the fun things about having a new baby. Introducing him to everyone is a blast! Over the weekend, Jeff's family (most of them, anyway) got to come to meet Gavin.We went to church on Sunday and showed him off there, too.

On Monday, my dad left for home, and my mom left on Wednesday, which left me wondering, "What exactly am I supposed to be doing around here, anyway?" After having her here for almost a month, I'm not sure I remember how to do dishes or vacuum. It was so nice to have her help for so long. And, amazingly enough, when she left, she wasn't headed for home. My sister had called earlier in the week to ask if Mom could go to help her out with childcare when she was done here. Mom didn't hesitate to agree to be away from home for an additional week and a half. Amazing. Not only that, but my sister and her family had already planned to visit us this weekend to meet Gavin, so they're bringing Mom back for a couple days. What a great deal! ;)

Jeff has been slowly getting back into the groove of work. He worked just a couple hours yesterday, a half-day today, and he'll go back to full time come Monday. It's so great that he has a job that allows him plenty of time-off so that I can ease into taking on all three boys by myself. So far, it's going pretty well. Starting Monday, my MOM'S Club is bringing us meals for a couple weeks, so I'm very excited about not having to worry about meals as Jeff goes back to working full-time. Praise God for good friends!

Logan is doing much better, and Carter continues to be our easy-going Carter. I have realized in the last couple days that with Mom here, I'd gotten used to him having someone else to chatter at. Now that he's back to talking to only me all day, I'm going a little crazy, but I'm sure I'll be used to that again by the end of next week. :) Little Gavin continues to sleep and eat well. I'm sooo grateful for that. Speaking of Gavin, it sounds like it's time for his next meal. Gotta go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment