Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bifidous Regularis

Last Wednesday night, the boys and I were headed out the door to go to church when my nose detected that Logan needed a diaper change. I hauled him upstairs, trying to go fast so that we wouldn't be late. As I instructed him to lay down on his bedroom floor and got out a new diaper, I realized that we weren't just dealing with a dirty diaper, we were dealing with a diaper explosion. I'll spare you the details and just give you a list of the things we cleaned that night instead of going to church: Logan (twice), the bedroom floor, the bathroom floor, the tub, Logan's clothes, and my socks.

On Friday, there was another incident. Not nearly as bad, but it got me wondering what was up. Logan seemed perfectly healthy except for his powerful poop. Jeff and I were both at a loss as to what would be causing these incidents.

Then today at lunch, Jeff looked at Logan eating his yogurt and asked, "Has Logan been eating a lot of Activia lately?"

Oh.

You see, last time I went to the grocery store, we needed yogurt, and me, being the bargain hunter that I am, found some coupons for Activia and bought some. I know full well what they advertise. In fact, my Dad and I have laughed over their secret ingredient "bifidous regularis." What kind of genius came up with that name? If you've never thought about it before, take a minute. You'll get it.

I wrote it all off as a bunch of hot air. Most products don't do what the marketing team claims and I was sure that this was no exception. It's just yogurt. So I didn't think twice about giving it to Logan. And he liked it. He really liked it. And ate it every day.

Even after two diaper incidents, I didn't put two and two together until Jeff asked me how much Logan had consumed. Poor Logan. I think I'll head to the grocery store now to buy some bananas. Hopefully that will counteract the "bifidous regularis." I guess sometimes you can believe what you hear on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment