Wednesday, March 23, 2011

33-Week Ultrasound and MRI

Between driving the kids to where they needed to go and getting to appointments today, I managed to arrive everywhere almost on time and not once did I drive into a snowbank! I also didn't have too much trouble with the "no food or drink after 11:00" rule for the MRI. I was worried, since I knew my ultrasound would take from 10:15 until about 11, but I munched on granola and yogurt all morning and then I snuck granola bars in to the ultrasound room with me and it worked out just fine.

The ultrasound was very encouraging today. For some reason, they were able to get a better look at the BPS than last week and were able to measure it. It looks like it has shrunk dramatically in the last two weeks--to about half it's previous size. It's strange, since it had remained the same size for so long before that. But we'll just chalk it up to the fact that God is God and he'll take care of this thing however he sees fit. :) The doctor said that, given this turn of events, she expects Baby to have significantly less breathing trouble than she was anticipating before.

I didn't have too much trouble with the MRI, which was great. My sinuses are doing pretty well, but I took Sudafed beforehand, just to be sure. On the machine I was in, the tube was open on both ends, so that made me feel much less trapped. I figured I could wiggle my way out in an emergency. :) It also helped to keep my eyes closed most of the time and not look at the tube I was stuck in. They let me lay on my side (couldn't have made it that whole time on my back) and listen to KTIS. Unfortunately, KTIS is doing a fund drive this week. Bummer. But it really didn't matter much, since the noises and vibrations from the MRI were louder than the radio and very distracting. I tried to pray, but again, it was too hard to ignore the clicking and whirring. So I just laid there and thought about how uncooperative my wiggly baby was being. :) I was getting restless by the end and was tempted to be uncooperative, too, but all in all, it wasn't so bad. We will hopefully find out the results tomorrow, so I'll put another post up when we know more.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that it seemed to go well and you didn't panic. Hopefully the results will be just as good as your ultrasound today! We'll be praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate MRIs and am so glad you got through it. Praying that the results are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it through! I continue to pray for you and baby Anderson...wonderful to know God is ALWAYS in control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I was getting restless by the end and was tempted to be uncooperative, too, but all in all, it wasn't so bad."

    I love that line.

    I'm thankful the BPS is smaller! That's wonderful!

    May God's peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete