Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 Weeks

We've made it to thirty weeks! I feel that's significant, even though it's not. There's just something about being out of the twenties and into the thirties that makes me feel like we are on the home stretch. My mom helped me to rearrange car seats (not to mention cleaning out a pretty messy car) and three car seats DO fit! We don't have to buy a new car...at least for now. I also found a cute cradle on Craig's List and picked it up today, so now we have a place for Baby to sleep. We are making some exciting progress on the kitchen this week, too, and an end seems to be in sight. Not only that, but The Great Name Debate seems to be winding down to a conclusion. I'm starting to feel ready for this kid.

Again, our ultrasound this week showed very little change. The CVR is just above .9. This is further evidence that the mass is a BPS/CCAM hybrid. BPSs don't shrink away as much as CCAMs tend to do. I don't know why I'm obsessed with knowing what exactly the mass is since treatment is the same for both, but I tend to latch on to any little bit of information that we get that indicates one way or the other.

The heart is more in the center now than to the right and the doctor says it's looking less compressed. We can also see the baby "practice breathing," which is good, but it doesn't tell us much. While amniotic fluid is getting in and out the lungs, that doesn't really tell us how well air will get in and out when the time comes. Our doctor is still waiting to make a decision about where we'll deliver--if we continue to see the numbers stay the same in the next couple weeks, we'll be transferred to the U of M.

Also, this week I was able to get connected to anther mom who had a CCAM baby (who is now in elementary school). I'm excited to be able to ask questions and hear about someone else's experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment