Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just when I thought we would start getting more answers than questions...

As the pregnancy progresses and this little guy grows, the mass is getting harder to measure. We've known this for a couple weeks, but I was surprised today when they said they weren't able to get a clear enough shot of the
BPS's margins to measure it. The tissue is losing it's bright appearance on the ultrasound that set it apart from normal tissue, so they can't distinguish between BPS and normal lung tissue anymore. The MRI next week should help us figure that out. Otherwise, it sounds like the weekly ultrasounds will simply check for normal growth and heart function. The heart continues to shift back into place, which gives it a better and better chance of continuing to function well.

The MRI and next week's ultrasound are both scheduled for Wednesday, but we won't know results of the MRI until Thursday. Please pray that I do ok with the MRI. I'm not exactly claustrophobic, but I'm not excited about tight spaces and not really comfortable with the idea of being in such a small space and having to keep my uncomfortably pregnant body still for so long. I also have a nasty cold/allergy flare-up right now, so my sinuses are a mess. Pray that I'll be breathing well by Wednesday--if I'm having a hard time breathing in there, I'll panic for sure.

For all my apprehension about having to do the MRI, I'm excited about getting information from another source. Hopefully we can get some good shots of the BPS and learn a little more about what we're up against.

1 comment:

  1. Had an MRI once myself and wasn't too bad. Breath easy and do something mundane like plan a grocery list in your head trying to remember all the items or dream of being on the beach and enjoy the sounds of the waves. It worked for me anyway. Praying it will go great!

    ReplyDelete