Wednesday, March 30, 2011

34-week Ultrasound and MRI Report

Everything is still looking good. The MRI confirmed last week's measurements and this week's measurements were pretty much the same. (The CVR, for those of you who even remember how we are measuring, is at about .3.) The MRI showed that Baby's right lung is at full capacity--it has recovered well from being squished by the heart. The heart is almost back to where it belongs. The radiologist was able to see some lung tissue on the left side (this is a first), but even on the MRI, it was hard to distinguish between the mass and lung tissue, so we don't know how much lung tissue is there. The MRI also confirmed what we've thought all along--the mass is a combination of BPS and CCAM. Because of the good things we've seen in the last couple of weeks, we are back to thinking that we can wait for Baby to grow a bit before doing surgery.

You may remember that a couple of weeks ago, we decided to switch to the U of M for delivery. Now the transfer of care is actually happening. I'll see my midwife for the last time later today, and from here on out we'll do everything at the U of M. We'll see the same team of doctors who have been monitory Baby, but there are a few more of them at the U of M, so we'll probably be seeing some unfamiliar people again. It's really strange to be "starting over" at this point. The location is different; some of the doctors are different; scheduling is really different, since I can't just call for an appointment--I have to have a doctor request the appointment, since it's not a normal OB/GYN. It makes me a little nervous, but I know there's no reason to be. We made sure to get the phone numbers and instructions for when we go into labor or have questions, so as long as we have a route mapped out to the hospital, we'll be fine. Six weeks (or less) left! Can't wait until we're on the other side of delivery and I can say, "Remember how nervous and confused I was? If only I'd known how well it would all turn out..."

2 comments:

  1. I pray that left lung keeps developing. And I pray for peace for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and I are praying for you every day!

    ReplyDelete