Friday, April 8, 2011

35 Weeks and 5 Days

If this pregnancy follows the course that Logan's did, we could be meeting this little guy in two weeks. Logan was born at 37 weeks and 5 days. I know that this pregnancy is unlikely to follow the same course, but I'm nervous about him coming early anyway. And yet, I'm so ready to be done. I'm stressed out by just about everything; I'm emotional; I'm impatient; I'm so uncomfortable. I want this delivery behind me.

We had our first official appointment at the U of M today. It was a long appointment, but it was good. Ultrasound results showed the mass is pretty much the same size as last week. Baby is weighing in at an estimated 5 lb. 4 oz., which is what Logan weighed at birth. At this rate, Baby could easily end up being our biggest newborn. The doctors and nurses that we met today were great. They really made us feel like they cared not only about our medical status, but how we were doing emotionally as well. I really feel good about our choice to go with the Maternal and Fetal Medicine staff rather than the midwife team. We're in good hands.

Because Good Friday messes with our schedule, our next appointment isn't until the Tuesday before Easter. It makes me nervous to go that long in between appointments, but I'm glad to have an appointment close to Easter and hopefully at that appointment I will be reassured that my going into labor over Easter weekend is unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment