Monday, April 25, 2011

A Different but Related Prayer Request

God's timing is perfect, yet often annoying. We don't understand what he's up to most of the time. So as we wait for Baby to arrive, we wonder why it has to be now that my 99-year-old grandma has taken a turn for the worse.

It started with a bladder infection that probably caused her immune system to weaken enough for her to get the shingles two weeks ago. She was hospitalized for a while, and when my mom came to stay with us last Monday, my dad stayed behind to be with Grandma. By Thursday, she had been out of the hospital and back in the nursing home for a couple of days. She was weak but doing well, so on Friday morning Dad made the four-and-a-half-hour drive up here. (The weather didn't end up being a problem.) While he was still en route (without a cell phone) we got a call that Grandma was lethargic and unresponsive. Dad stayed here on Friday night, but when we heard that Grandma was doing no better on Saturday morning, he left for home, fearing that she might be slipping away.

When he got there on Saturday, she seemed to improve some. I wonder if it was just because he was there. Now she is still weak, but is at lease responsive. My dad's sister and her husband are on their way to SD, so it's great to know that someone else will be with Grandma, too. 

Please pray for comfort for my grandma. Her dementia has almost completely clouded her mind and she is often scared and confused. And I would also ask for prayer for peace for my family and wisdom to know who needs to be where and when.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to read this, Heidi. It is hard to understand His timing but we know He is in control. We've been praying for you guys and will continue to pray for everything going on!

    ReplyDelete