Saturday, April 16, 2011

I can't wait...

It feels strange to have gone over a week without an appointment and it's also strange to have not updated the blog in as long. So in the interest of avoiding other more important things I have to do right now, I'm compiling a list of things I can't wait to do.

I can't wait...

...to hold tiny little hands in mine.
...to see what Baby's eyes look like. (Will he have Daddy's eyes like the other two?)
...to feel that awesome sense of accomplishment that follows bringing a baby into the world. (Until I realize that I need help walking ten steps to the bathroom.)  :)
...to be able to get socks from the back of the dryer.
...to be amazed at how light Baby feels compared to my two big boys.
...to see how Carter handles being a big brother again. (Logan is another story--not sure I want to see how he handles being a big brother!)
...to be a little spoiled by my husband as I navigate the first couple weeks of recovery and sleepless nights. (Shhh...don't tell him I'm on to him.)
...to have labor and delivery behind me and not wonder whether or not I'll make it to the hospital on time or whether or not I'll be induced or whether or not...
...to know how Baby's lungs are functioning.
...to know when he'll have to have surgery.
...to snuggle a sleeping baby on my shoulder.
...to be able to chase my boys around the couch again.
...to not feel braxton hicks contractions every time I walk up the stairs.
...to write a blog announcing his arrival.

In spite of the discomforts of pregnancy and all that I am eager for in the future, I'm trying to enjoy my last weeks of pregnancy. It's quite possibly the last time I'll get to be pregnant. To feel a little person kicking and rolling around inside of me is a most amazing thing.

"I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future." Who wrote that cheesy line? I don't know, but I can identify. Since I'm not in control, I'm glad I can say that I know God is. So I guess I can wait for all these things for just a little while longer, trusting that God knows how and when each of these things will come about.

1 comment: