Friday, April 29, 2011

38 Weeks and 5 Days

Unless Baby makes his debut today, this will be my longest pregnancy. Weird. Apparently Baby knows that he needs all the time he can get to make his lungs strong before he appears.

Today's ultrasound showed no significant change in the mass. We are keeping an eye on a small pocket of extra fluid around the heart. This is something we've seen for a few weeks now and it hasn't changed. It looks like it's a result of stress on the heart and they aren't worried about it. Baby will have an echo-cardiogram after delivery to check up on heart function just to be sure. This is something we were planning on doing even before seeing the fluid. We did full measurements today and Baby is weighing in at 5 lb. 15 oz. (give or take a pound, since it's hard to see anything accurately at this stage). I'm convinced that he will be over 6 lb. at birth, which would make him my biggest baby. He hasn't grown as much as he "should," which concerned them a little. I told them we went through this with Logan and I just have small babies. The doctor agreed that there is probably nothing to worry about, but she wants to do a little checking just to be sure. So we'll go in on Tuesday for a biophysical profile (BPP), and I think we'll do another one along with our regular ultrasound/OB visit next Friday. That is, of course, assuming that Baby doesn't decide to come before then.

Thanks for your prayers for my grandma. She is still much weaker than before she got sick, but she is eating and talking now. My dad's brother and sister are both with her now, so my dad came back here to wait for Baby. We're so glad things are going better for her and hope she continues to improve.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting can be so hard. I hope this little guys makes himself known to you soon though I know God's timing is perfect. Trust in that!

    ReplyDelete