Monday, April 25, 2011

Still Pregnant

I feel overdue. I'm not. Not even close. But I think I've been so worried about going early that now that I've passed 38 weeks, I feel like I should be done by now. I'm not mentally prepared to go a full 40 weeks.

Neither is anyone else around here, apparently.

My parents were supposed to come for Easter and then stay until Baby arrived. But last week's forecast in South Dakota was pretty rotten all week--snow/rain every day from Tuesday on. So my mom called me on Monday morning and said she wanted to take advantage of the one nice day in the week and come early just in case this guy decided to come even earlier than Logan. I had been having strong braxton hicks contractions, so I was sure I was going into labor any minute and told her to come. Her early arrival turned out not to be necessary, but it's so great to have her here. Not only do I not have to worry about rushing the boys to a friend's house en route to the hospital, but I've been doing about half as much around the house and twice as much is getting done. :)

On Friday, Jeff packed stuff for himself for the hospital--right down to his toothbrush. He's been living out of the suitcase (as far as toiletries are concerned) since then, just so our departure can be that much faster. He also checks on me periodically if I'm by myself reading or working on the computer to make sure that I'm not in labor and not telling him. It's not very like him to be this nervous.

Everywhere we go, people who know us express surprise that I'm still pregnant. I tell them I'm surprised, too. Every time I call someone, they ask if I'm calling to report big news. I guess the fact that baby is waiting to come is sort of big news.

So at this point, please pray for patience for me (just in case you've stopped praying for that since the last time I asked). I'm uncomfortable and the braxton hicks are annoying. If this baby decides to wait for week 40 or beyond, it could be a long wait for this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment