Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blogging Diva

I would like to blog more. I can't tell you how many blog posts I've started and not finished since Gavin was born. I have an idea in my mind of what I'd like my blog to be: an honest picture of life in our household; an encouragement to other moms; and a thoughtful assessment of what God is doing in our lives. I have one friend in particular that does an excellent job at that and I would like to follow her example.

But I've recently discovered a problem with my plan: I am a blogging diva. I want to read and reread, edit and re-edit every word that I write and I want to do it uninterrupted. While sipping coffee. And listening to Jason Mraz. I don't want to type one-handed while rocking Gavin, wrestling the mouse away from Logan, and listening to Carter's stories of climbing volcanoes to collect hot lava for the latest recipe that he's creating, which apparently calls for hot lava.

But that's my life right now, so I'm going to try to be less picky about having the perfect blogging conditions and get some blogs written about life in our household. But when there is a lengthy break between blogs, just assume that our household is alternating between frustrating and fun, crazy and calm, busy and boring. Probably a lot like yours. Assume that God is working in our lives and that I'll get around to blogging about it...just as soon as I find my coffee cup. And a pacifier for Gavin. And something to occupy Logan...

1 comment: