Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spit-up

Ooo. Fun. Just what you were hoping for when you logged onto the computer, right? A blog about spit-up.

Well that's what's on my mind, so here we go. :) Spit-up is s becoming a bigger and bigger issue here and I'm a little scared. Here's why: we've been through this before with Logan. In spite of our doctor's tips and tricks, that boy spit up large quantities of milk until he was over one year old. I remember Jeff commenting at one point early on that he didn't need to ask me each morning how the night went; he could just count the number of wet pajamas piled by the changing table and he would know. Three was normal; five was a bad night; I think seven was the record. It's hard to get out of bed after having just climbed back in because a little boy just woke himself up by dousing himself with milk. I hope we're not headed there again. I remember our doctor telling me that she usually prescribed reflux medicine for babies with acid reflux, not just reflux, but said, "If you twist my arm, I could be persuaded to prescribe him some." I declined, not wanting to give my baby any medicine that wasn't necessary. Now I wonder what was I thinking?? That could have made nights so much more bearable. We've had to switch doctors since then, but I hope that if Gavin's reflux gets that bad, our new doctor is willing to help us out.


Logan continues to warm up to Gavin. We've only had one rough day recently when he decided to test what would happen if he stepped on or hit the baby. He wasn't angry; I think he was just interested in Gavin's reaction. Hopefully he got the message that those things are unacceptable--he hasn't tried doing either after that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment