Friday, June 3, 2011

Getting Out and About

We went out twice yesterday. It was an amazing feat.

Yesterday morning, I got all the kids ready and out of the house on time. It was my first time taking them all out by myself! I have to admit, though, that it really doesn't count because I was taking Carter and Logan over to a friend's house so I could go to an eye appointment and get contacts. So I really just had one kid with me. I'm excited to finally have contacts again after having just had glasses for several months now. I have them just in time for summer so I can wear sunglasses again.

Getting them out of the house last night was an even bigger accomplishment even though Jeff was there to help. Jeff had a softball game last night that we were all going to watch. I had everything planned out so carefully. Dinner at 5:00. Feed Gavin at 5:30. Leave at 6:00. Get to the park in plenty of time for the 6:50 game. Jeff came home just as dinner was coming out of the oven at 5:00. I knew something was off when he immediately started scrambling to get ready. Turns out the game was scheduled for 5:50, not 6:50. So we ate as fast as we could, packed crackers to supplement the boys' half-eaten supper. and had everyone in the car at 5:25. Amazing! I'm glad we did it. We had a fun time at the game and even let the boys run off some energy at the playground afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment